Friday, September 30, 2011

Little Tidbits

I have enjoyed my break from posting. Being a stay at home mom has had ups and downs to be sure, but I love almost all of it. I don't think I will ever get used to the lack of sleep, but I'm trying. Most of the time that means choosing one nap to take with Maria :-)

Maria modeling her baptism outfit

It is amazing how life has changed in 6 months. There have been times when I'm reminded of an "According to Jim" episode when Cheryl realizes she doesn't know how to talk to adults anymore. Everything that comes out of her mouth is about the bodily functions of her kids, their sleep habits, or their new cute trick. What else is there to talk about anyway?
Posing for her 3 mo old pic on gma and gpa's table

Thankfully, my husband and I signed up to teach a NFP class that started a couple weeks ago. I have another class to prepare for in a week. I will be talking with adults preparing for marriage. This is a topic I can still approach with passion and confidence. Thank goodness for a little time to step outside my family and give back to the community a bit. I still need to work more on spreading the word about this important ministry and healthy/natural means of planning a family. My husband and I are still using it successfully despite my being told by numerous people it is not accurate post partum - when did that rumor start?

In happy baby news, Maria is now about 6 months old. She has her two bottom teeth. They came in at about the same time and took a while to poke through. I thought I would miss the toothless grin, but the two little teeth may be even cuter! She is sitting up on her own and evening chewing on the occasional carrot. We are doing Baby Led Weaning which means she will eat solid foods like what I am eating. She has enjoyed learning how to bite and move food around her mouth on her own. We'll see when she actually starts eating more of it. Right now food is just a toy.
Copying mommy and daddy as they eat

We have enjoyed using her bum genius cloth diapers and do not miss the diaper runs to the store one bit! We are not doing the greatest at EC but still give her opportunities occasionally and on lucky days I catch the BMs - yay for less laundry!

Maria is getting ready to crawl - moving her legs in toward her belly and falling forward. I can't wait to see when she figures out she can keep going without falling if she just moves her hands. She also loves to jump. I bought a jumper that attaches to the door frame and she loves the independence it gives her to move as she pleases while mommy does some laundry or just enjoys the show.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures!

    And in case you wanted to compare (because I know I love to): we're at 9.5 months and my fertility still hasn't returned; baby led weaning was great but now she has somehow regressed and shoves the entire slice of pear or whatever in her mouth so I've started cutting things up (still better than pureeing, though); we also still love our BGs and haven't been quite as vigilant at EC as before.

    Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenelle,
    I wanted to write to you when we returned to Texas but time got the best of me. Your parents were able to bring Maria out for Jim and I to finally meet when we were home to Michigan last month. What a fabulous treat!! I wanted to tell you I think SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! She gave me the BEST smile when I first met her. Babies usually greet me with a giggle or a smile but Maria's was the biggest! (I think it's my big ears babies giggle at!! LOL) I am so happy for you and Will! Keep posting when you can because I love the updates!
    xoxo
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the update and glad she smiled for u Jen

    ReplyDelete