Thursday, August 19, 2010

Corporate policy

With work over for the summer I have been quite lazy and haven't found any big moments of inspiration until I got a pro-life email. To tell you the truth, I didn't like it very much...

It was a list, which can also be found in this article, of all the businesses that support
Planned Parenthood. That list was followed with the request to boycott all those businesses. Well sure, I guess I can boycott Staples because there are so many other places to go.
I'm not a huge fan of Olive Garden anyway, but Trader Joe's has good organic food for much less than Whole Foods. My aunt works at Hilton group and I love Disney and Kohl's. Kohl's mainly because I usually get out the spending around 10-30 and "saving" 50-100. I don't think they are making much profits from me anyway.

So what is a girl to do? I try to shop where I can get a deal and prefer to support companies where my family work. I actually took the time to do some research because I really do like shopping at Kohl's. Under the women's health portion of Kohl's cares, the com
pany explains their desire to educate women on prevention and treatment of breast cancer - a noble goal. So they donate to Susan G. Kolman foundation who donates to planned parenthood. That is not as good but I found no mention of a direct link. I can contact someone for clarification, but I don't know if that is enough to keep me from going to that store.

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment