Monday, March 14, 2011

The Good Life

On Wednesday afternoon my grandma passed peacefully to the next life. She is watching down on us and probably smiling that Will is finally back in the country. There are so many memories I will keep dear to me. She lived a good life for 83 years and struggled for 6 months. We are all glad she is no longer in pain, but very sad to see her go and be left behind.

In December I came home to visit her. I loved her spirit and gratitude for her visitors. She told me about her friend that gave her a card every day and was so excited to get picture Christmas cards, including one from me with a baby bump. I saw her on the feast of the Immaculate Conception and brought her communion. I also sang Hail Mary, Gentle Woman and went through the readings for the day. Little did I know how much that meant to her or her preference of songs.

Today I will go sing at her memorial mass. Included in the program is Hail Mary, Gentle Woman - not exactly a funeral song but one of her favorites and a request. Hopefully I will make it through that song okay for her. I love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment