Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Winter Weather

I seem to be staying in areas with unusually cold weather. Many school kids were happy to have two snow days while I was again stuck barely being able to get where I needed to go - the doctor. I had my 24 week appointment while at home and made it through the glucose test for gestational diabetes. I don't have the results yet, but at least I didn't get a headache from the sugary solution I drank!

For all those still holding out for twins, I got more confirmation that I will just be having one this time. When I was measured I was actually at 23 weeks. That is considered
within the normal range and shows that, while I may carry most of the extra weight in my belly, I am not carrying an extra person than expected.

My baby is now over a foot in length and a pound in weight. She is developing her taste buds and the lungs and brain are quickly developing as well. She can also hear and feel movement from me. I haven't done any dancing with her yet but she seems to enjoy mom's singing - especially at church. With all that growing, I have noticed much more activity all day long. It has been a blessing feeling the movements and being reminded of the miracle inside. Some family members have even had the privilege of being some of the first to feel her kicks from the outside.

While I was braving winter weather once again, Will was spending the weekend in Dublin. He got to work for a bit in the Dublin office and then attend their Christmas party. The strange thing about it - no spouses were there. Luckily, I was nowhere near the event to be offended at the lack of invitation. He had fun but suffered a head cold and has had a rough week so far because of it. I just glad I'm not around to catch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment