Monday, October 11, 2010

A weekend in London

Will and I spent our first weekend in the UK getting to know our home city and this past weekend we took the train to London. It is the first "big" trip that I have been in charge of planning. Will organized our trip to Ireland and the Mediterranean almost exclusively so I was a bit nervous to do just as well as him. I think I was successful. Our hotel was within walking distance of the train station, the show on Drury Lane and a Catholic Church. We took a taxi from church to the beginning of our royal (free) walking tour.

Some highlights of the weekend were seeing the musical Oliver, walking past Buckingham Palace and through a beautiful park, seeing Big Ben, and watching street vendors. Unfortunately I did not meet the muffin man on Drury Lane or the queen in the palace as she was not there (as evidenced by the lack of the royal flag).

We hope to go to Paris soon and are trying to figure out what to do about Christmas.

In the meantime, I am trying to learn patience as the internet goes in and out all the time. I can't always email, call or blog about what I want. So the pictures will have to wait. I will try to post some when I get the chance and the internet stays around for long enough

No comments:

Post a Comment