Thursday, June 10, 2010

Behind the Scenes

Today I continued my organizing work at the pregnancy center. It was slow-going and for a while because I didn't feel helpful at all. It is hard to know how important some work is when it is behind the scenes. I'm not directly helping a woman in need or am I? I can't imagine what it would be like working as a director of a place like that. Getting paid very little to work a lot! She has great vision and passion for the work but, for some unknown reason, does not like organizing as much as I do. That led to multiple folders of the same thing, similar items across the room from each other and too many things to keep track of. In two days I was able to change create a space for all the important daily items and hopefully put her mind at ease. I think I definitely helped a woman in need, even if it wasn't in the most glorified way. I'm glad to know my "donation" to the center was uniquely mine. I put the gifts and interests God gave me to work. There is no better feeling in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment